THE HIDDEN PHILANTHROPIST
SEASON 1, EPISODE 01
THE HIDDEN PHILANTHROPIST talks to REVEREND TIM COSTELLO
One of Australia’s national living treasures, Reverend Tim Costello has been a driving force in public and community service for decades and his philanthropic efforts have inspired a generation. Be prepared to be inspired.
Andrew Purdie sits with one of Australia’s national living treasures, the Reverend Tim Costello, who has been a driving force in public and community service for decades and his philanthropic efforts have inspired a generation. Andrew explores Reverend Tim’s life growing up, his venture into practicing law and eventually becoming an advocate for social justice issues – particularly social housing, gambling, ethics advocate, and especially his biggest role as CEO of World Vision Australia. Reverend Tim sheds light on how his inexperience stepping into his CEO role at World Vision Australia took a true leap of faith, however it in return gave him practical, real life experience to continue his journey as a philanthropic leader in Australia. Andrew discusses with Reverend Tim donor confusion and how listeners can make more informed decisions on giving, his current involvement in social justice issues nationally and internationally, and his main foundation that he is involved in with Micah Australia.
Key Topics & Chapter Markers –
- Life for Reverend Tim Costello – Growing up, faith, life as a lawyer [01:37]
- Experience as a CEO of World Vision, pressing issues Australia faces in the philanthropic space [18:02]
- Past and current community service involvements, current philanthropic ventures [30:15]
- Get involved: Learn more or get involved with Reverend Tim Costello’s organisation Micah Australia at www.micahaustralia.org
- Shareable episode link: Here
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find us in the Top 80 Philanthropy Podcasts in the world (#42): https://blog.feedspot.com/philanthropy_podcasts/